When something stays on for so long, there is a likely chance it loses its qualities. Wearing a Fitbit band is excellent, especially when it comes in handy for various reasons; however, investing in its maintenance is ideal. For instance, if you wear a shirt for days, it would start to get dirty and eventually harbor germs or bacteria detrimental to health – the same goes for Fitbit Band.
Many people don’t see the need to clean a band since it has been used for swimming and doesn’t look dirty. The truth is you don’t have to wait till it gets messy before you clean the band for use another time. Besides, it is hygienic to make sure the band is free of dirt, odor, and sweat.
Almost everyone needs to know how to clean a Fitbit Band because you don’t know when it would come useful. Fortunately, this article provides healthy solutions to help you maintain the band for better use in the future. However, let’s take a few things before going into details on how to clean.
Types of Fitbit Band
Generally, there are several types of Fitbit Bands, depending on the material used. They include:
This durable, flexible polymer band is the most popular due to its qualities. It is waterproof and designed for heavy-duty operations.
Several brands use this Elastomer Band for making wristwatches or Fitbit trackers.
Silicone Sport Band
Based on the design, Silicone Sport Band is the most breathable to use; it has perforations that make it comfortable and easy to use.
Another durable Fitbit band to use for quite a lot of purposes is the Leather Band. It is built only for casual occasions.
With a stainless-steel metal band, it is neither sweat- nor water-resistant. The band is built for emergencies, like an emergency bracelet.
A woven band is quite artistic. It is not water or sweat-resistant; hence, it is not an ideal choice for workouts. It only comes fancy for use.
Learn more about survival tips, tricks, and more HERE.
How to Clean Your Band?
With a good knowledge of the different types of Bands on the market, it is easy to work with Fitbit wear and care techniques, i.e., on how to clean them. Below is a list of ways how to clean the various types of Fitbit Bands regularly.
How to Clean Silicone Sport and Elastomer Bands?
An elastomer or silicone sport band is waterproof, but it doesn’t mean it cannot be cleaned with water and any cleaning agent. There isn’t so much to do for cleaning; however, you should try not to use a bar of dish soap, body soap, or bath soap on the band because it endangers the skin.
- All you have to do is place the bands under running tap water and wipe with an alcohol-dipped cotton ball.
- If the stain or oil is quite intense, you could use a small brush and a Cetaphil cleanser to get rid of them
- when you are done washing, clean with a dry towel or piece of cloth.
How to Clean Metal Bands?
Usually, cleaning metals haven’t been easy, but there are ways to go about it. You don’t necessarily have to do much for metal bands since it is neither waterproof nor sweatproof. Besides, metals are in a free state, which means they shouldn’t contact oil, sweat, or even deodorants to avoid corrosion.
However, you could
- clean a metal Fitbit band with a non-abrasive lint-free piece of cloth.
- Use another piece of cloth to wipe the liquid off all band areas and maintain it under dry temperature.
- Until this band is completely dry and clean, could you not put it on for use?
|Who Invented Pocket Watches?|
|What are the Different Paracord Types?|
|How to Find Preppers in Your Area|
How to Clean Leather Bands?
Leather, as a material porous by nature, is susceptible to damage at the slightest of things, especially with water. A leather band is not waterproof, but it should be clean at all times for practical use. It is not the ideal choice of band for workouts because sweat, oil, and even cream don’t work well. On the contrary, a few things could be done to maintain a clean slate.
Every time you wear a leather band, make sure to
- clean with a dry piece of cloth and maybe water to get rid of buildup – do not soak in water.
- On the other hand, you could decide to use a dry cloth and a Cetaphil cleanser to remove stains or even soap residue.
How to Clean Woven Bands?
A woven Fitbit band may present itself as unnecessary for cleaning because it is breathable and non-waterproof. Although it is not designed for workouts, it requires the simple cleaning it can get, so it doesn’t harbor bacteria. You need to be careful with washing this type of band because it runs the risk of discoloration and damage.
Woven Bands only need
- a mild soap or detergent and cold water to remove stains or buildup from them.
- It would be best if you rinsed it afterward, so it doesn’t risk holding more germs than it previously did.
- Finally, leave them to air-dry – do not sun-dry.
We have compiled all the reviews for Fitbit band HERE
More Tips on Cleaning
When you are done trying any of the methods above to clean your Fitbit band, you may need some useful maintenance tips, depending on what type it is.
- Always clean immediately after use
- Do not use in water, if not designed waterproof
- Store in drawers or a safe place when not in use
- Always make sure the piece of cloth stays clean
- Avoid using a Fitbit band where it is not designed to be used
If you didn’t know how to clean a Fitbit Band before now, this article would help you a lot. You never know how virtuous it is to maintain a band until you start to see the benefits, as it stays free from bacteria or germs. Depending on the type of Fitbit band you use, try out any of these methods, and live a healthy life.
Tell us what you think in the comments below.